Rando B. Wick
“Knowing the law for most lawyers is a given. Understanding the medicine is key. Fully understanding and translating the complexities of medicine in the legal system is what makes the difference.”
DECADES OF EXPERIENCE SPANNING LAW AND MEDICINE
For 25 years, Rando B. Wick has focused on defending claims against health care providers and hospitals. Rando also represents providers in state agency matters, and handles some personal injury claims against companies that involve complex medical issues.
Rando’s experience and training as a prior emergency medical technician working for a fire department and then a hospital brings an added layer of expertise to his practice—and an added edge for his clients.
HIGHLY RATED, WELL REGARDED, WIDELY RECOGNIZED
Rando is AV-rated by Martindale Hubbell, the highest available rating. He is one of only 20 Washington lawyers to be elected as a Fellow in the International Society of Barristers. He is regularly chosen by his peers as a “Super Lawyer,” a distinction limited to just five percent of the bar. He is widely published in medical and legal journals, and a frequent lecturer to hospital and medical groups.
Rando is a member of several professional organizations, including:
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- American College of Legal Medicine
- Defense Research Institute
- International Society of Barristers
- The Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- Washington Health Care Risk Management Society
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys
BA, Seattle Pacific University
JD, University of Washington School of Law
Certificate in Medical Ethics, University of Washington School of Medicine