JD, University of Washington School of Law
Certificate in Medical Ethics, University of Washington School of Medicine
Certificate in Mediation, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois
- Washington State Bar Association
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Litigation Counsel of America – Fellow
- International Society of Barristers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Defense Research Institute
- Washington Health Care Risk Management Society
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Best Lawyers – Lawyer of the Year – 2019
- Seattle MET Magazine – Top Attorneys in Washington – 2017
- Super Lawyers
- AV Preeminent – Martindale- Hubbell
“Knowing the law for most lawyers is a given. Understanding the medicine is key. Fully understanding and translating the complexities of medicine in the legal system is what makes the difference.”
DECADES OF EXPERIENCE SPANNING LAW AND MEDICINE
For 28 years, Rando Wick has focused on defending claims against health care providers and hospitals. Rando also represents providers in state agency matters, and handles some personal injury claims against companies that involve complex medical issues.
Rando’s experience and training as a prior emergency medical technician working for a fire department and then a hospital brings an added layer of expertise to his practice—and an added edge for his clients.
HIGHLY RATED, WELL REGARDED, WIDELY RECOGNIZED
Rando is AV-rated by Martindale Hubbell, the highest available rating. He is one of only 20 Washington lawyers to be elected as a fellow in the International Society of Barristers. He is regularly chosen by his peers as a “Super Lawyer,” a distinction limited to just five percent of the bar. He is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and a fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America that are invitation only after a very thorough vetting process. He is also listed in the Best Lawyers of America. He is widely published in medical and legal journals, and a frequent lecturer to hospital and medical groups.