“I grew up a competitive tennis player and serious musician. I am also the son of a doctor. My unique background helps me bring that competitive drive and performance discipline into every case and every courtroom.”
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND SUCCESS
For twenty years, senior partner Phil deMaine has been defending professional liability claims and licensing actions against healthcare institutions and doctors. Always competitive, always compassionate, Phil understands the legal and emotional needs of his clients during what is a difficult and deeply personal juncture in their professional lives.
Whether a case settles, goes to trial or is outright dismissed, Phil’s goal is the same—to practice with empathy and advocacy to achieve the best possible results for his clients.
HIGHLY RATED, WELL REGARDED
Phil is highly regarded by fellow attorneys. He is a frequent lecturer to attorneys and healthcare providers on issues related to professional liability claims.
He is a member of several professional organizations, including:
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- Washington Health Care Risk Management Society (Past President)
- Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- Washington State and Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Associations
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
BA, University of Washington
JD, Willamette College of Law, cum laude