January 1, 2022 – Michelle Taft Joins JGKMW Partnership
JGKMW is pleased to welcome Michelle Taft as the firm’s newest partner. Michelle joined JGKMW in December 2013 and has become an integral member of our legal team. Michelle’s dedication to her clients, strong work ethic, empathy, and competitive spirit make her an effective and successful advocate for her clients. Outside the courtroom, Michelle has spent countless hours volunteering in animal rescue, on the board of a local rowing club, and as a volunteer ski patroller. Her athletic and mountain rescue background and dedication to serving others give her a unique ability to connect with her healthcare clients and advocate on their behalf. JGKMW is excited to welcome Michelle to partnership, and we look forward to her continued commitment to providing our clients with quality legal representation.
December 6, 2021 – JGKMW Welcomes Catarina Ferreira
Catarina Ferreira joins JGKMW as an associate in the Seattle office. Since her 2019 graduation from Seattle University School of Law, Catarina worked as an associate at a personal injury law firm in Seattle. During law school, Catarina served as a law clerk for the Honorable Ronald B. Leighton of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, worked as a Rule 9 Intern at a criminal defense firm, and was part of the summer law clerk program for the Washington State Office of the Attorney General. We are thrilled to welcome Catarina to JGKMW!
September 13, 2021 – JGKMW welcomes Kate Craddock to our firm
Kate Craddock joins JGKMW as an associate in the Tacoma office. Since her 2018 graduation from the University of Michigan Law School, Kate has served three years as a clerk for the Honorable Benjamin H. Settle of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington. During law school, Kate worked for the University of Michigan’s Pediatric Advocacy Clinic on cases involving children with special health needs, and served in the Summer Law Intern Program in the U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division’s Healthcare and Consumer Products Section. Kate was born and raised in Tacoma and is thrilled to join JGKMW!
* Defense verdict for emergency room physician in medical malpractice lawsuit alleging failure to diagnose pulmonary embolism.
* Defense verdict for dentist in dental malpractice lawsuit alleging negligent post-extraction dental care.
* Defense verdict for dentist in dental malpractice lawsuit alleging trigeminal nerve injury and failure to obtain informed consent.
* Defense verdict for large hospital in medical malpractice lawsuit alleging wrongful death following a complex cardiac procedure with post-surgical complications.
* Defense verdict for primary care physician in medical malpractice lawsuit alleging wrongful death from failure to diagnose skin cancer.
* Directed verdict for large hospital in medical malpractice lawsuit alleging failure to diagnose a median nerve injury and lost chance of a better outcome.
* Defense verdict in medical malpractice lawsuit alleging wrongful life as the result of in utero exposure to an antiepileptic drug prescribed to control epilepsy.
* Defense verdict for nurse midwife in medical malpractice lawsuit alleging significant nerve impairment following a brachial plexus injury in a newborn.
* Defense verdict for large hospital in a case alleging discrimination against deaf plaintiffs for failure to timely provide an interpreter for health care services.
* Defense verdict for nurse midwives in medical malpractice lawsuit alleging failure to document an obstetric patient’s request for no male examiners or physicians during labor.
* Defense verdict for gynecological surgeon in medical malpractice lawsuit alleging negligent care following a post-operative bleed.